Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Freedomainradio / Stefan Molyneux

4 posters

Go down

About Freedomainradio / Stefan Molyneux Empty About Freedomainradio / Stefan Molyneux

Post by FireUp Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Nomad wrote:I often enjoy listening to Stefan Molyneux at FreeDomainRadio.com.

He is an anarchist philosopher. He has over 1000 podcasts on lots of topics, and puts more on constantly. He has made anarchist philosophy his full-time job.

He thinks that people's acceptance of bullying from the state stems from their desire to normalize the bullying that they received from their parents. I was skeptical at first, but I think he may be right now.

Stefan had his first child in December. So did I. I plan to continue listening for at least the next 15 years. :-)

Oh, I guess we can use this thread to talk about Stef or parenting philosophies.

I agree with him. I think every major psychological problem people have can be traced to childhood. And not in some abstract way, but to an actual environment of constant abuse, mistreatment or neglect. I actually agree with like, 95% of Molyneux's work. At least 95% of what I've seen. I think it's brilliant. Especially RTR. The upcoming book, how to achieve freedom seems really interesting as well. At least it's about what's been on my mind lately. I haven't really read past RTR. And I've listened to maybe 200 podcasts and 200 vids.

I disagree with FDRers on some things, and I would gladly be posting there about them if it wasn't because I was banned the second time I logged in. Ah well, I guess I'll ask Stef to grant me a pardon once I feel better with my life. It seems they won't listen to someone who's significantly less happy than he is. FWIW, I think they're really defensive about admitting any major error in Stef's views.

I haven't read a lot of psychology, but there's a bunch of books I want to check out.

By the way, if you liked Molyneux's ideas on parenting, and you're into unschooling, you're gonna love this guys's ideas if you haven't heard them already: Youtube user aaron0883

Especially his series on education. He draws heavily on Molyneux and John Holt.
FireUp
FireUp

Back to top Go down

About Freedomainradio / Stefan Molyneux Empty Re: About Freedomainradio / Stefan Molyneux

Post by Nomad Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Thanks. I'm gunna check him out now.
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

About Freedomainradio / Stefan Molyneux Empty Re: About Freedomainradio / Stefan Molyneux

Post by Destination Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:31 am

FireUp wrote:
...I actually agree with like, 95% of Molyneux's work. At least 95% of what I've seen...

Im curious, what is the 5% or so that you dont agree on ? I know you made that post a while ago but if you haven't changed your mind id like to hear what the 5% is.

Also thanks for suggesting aaron0883.

Destination

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke12000 Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:42 am

I recently re-listened to many of Stef's earlier podcasts and I was surprised at how much I no longer agree with him. However I still think he is a brilliant presenter of information if nothing else and he is always good food for thought. Even if he does use arguments that can be a little dishonest at times he is still worlds better than most of the intellectuals out there. Even though I disagree with much of his philosophy, I encourage anyone to give him a listen.

Yes, he has faults, but learning his philosophy provides a great deal of useful context if nothing else. And he does have many valid points. You just have to be aware that some of it is nonsense.

Luke12000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum